Blog readers, meet the Adams family: Abby, Colt, Harper, Hazel, and Tucker.
We are an unexpected, yet happy (so very happy), family of five.
Some facts about Abby:
- I am a former pianist, beauty queen, and boutique manager who now spends her days blogging and begging for Harper kisses. I used to spend all day with Bach, Chopin, and Beethoven. Now I spend all day with Harper and it's amazing.
- I also run a daycare out of my house (more about that here). No. I'm not crazy. I actually love what I do. Some people were meant to be self-employed and I'm certainly one of them.
- I am the oldest member of our family (please don't rub it in).
- I am an only child.
- I was adopted (if you were adopted and want to talk, please e-mail me- I'm working on an adoption project).
- Despite the fact that I was "never having children," I love being a mother.
- I have a penpal. We've been writing for almost 20 years. Seriously.
- I'm addicted to pretty things and beauty products, and I honestly believe that a girl can never have enough Dooney in her life.
- You can read my favorite Diligent Joy posts here. You can catch up on all of The Beauty Aisle posts here.
Some facts about Colt:
- He is a former professional baseball player (go Astros!) and party boy. Now he works at L-3 Communications as a Project Planner (he's been there two years and I still don't know exactly what he does) and plays softball.
- When he isn't working, Colt is playing. He loves fishing, golfing, and going out for a good dinner and a cold beer (preferably at Porcupine Grill).
- Colt once caught a really big fish. It weighed 32 pounds. It wasn't his best catch, though. I was his best- and cutest- catch and I make sure to tell him so every day.
- He's a twin. I love Calli, his sperm sister (inside joke, sorry), almost as much as I love him. I love his little sister Kenzie, too. Kenz and Calli show up on the blog once in a while so you'll get to know them a bit. Basically, they are the sisters I never had- till now, that is.
- Colt is 17 inches taller than me (no joke!). I'm short. He's tall. We figure that average height is for average people. We prefer to be apart from the norm. We prefer to be super cool.
- Colt likes to be referred to as Big Sexy.
Some facts about Harper Jane:
- Harper is awesome.
- She was born on October 7, 2009 via emergency C-Section (find her birth story here).
- She was named after Harper Lee. If you don't know who that is, I'm sorry for you.
- Harper loves stuffed animals and has already amassed quite the collection of fluffy bears, dogs, monkeys, elephants, and cats. She usually takes one of her "friends" along when she goes adventuring.
- Harper loves to dance. She and I have random dance parties several times a week. Currently, her favorite artists are Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, Mindy Gledhill, and Regina Spektor.
- Harper inherited her mother's ears and her father's temper.
- Harper is pretty much the cutest/spunkiest/smartest/most determined/most adorable little person that ever lived.
Some facts about Hazel:
- Hazel's full name is Hazelnut Valentine (we met on Valentine's Day and believe me, it was love at first sight).
- She is a full bred shih tzu (which means she's not quite as smart as she is cute).
- She was born on January 10, 2008.
- Hazel loves treats (ice cream is her favorite), going to the park, and snuggling.
- Hazel went with Colt and I on our first date and I'm pretty sure she got more action that night than I did.
Some facts about Tucker:
- His full name is Tucker Red Wild.
- He is a Rhodesian Ridgeback (which means he was bred to hunt lions... so now you know who to call if you have a lion problem in your neighborhood).
- He was born on June 29, 2010.
- Tucker is really good at growing. When he first came home, he weighed 12 pounds. Now, one year later, he weighs 95 pounds.
- He was probably the naughtiest puppy that ever lived (he tried to eat everything in the house, including a doorframe).
- Tucker likes treats, walks, toys, and swimming. He also loves Colt, just a little bit.
Some other cool stuff:
Colt and I were married on January 14, 2011. We realize that we didn't "put the horse before the cart" and that is okay for us, mainly because Harper is the cutest cart we've ever seen. We had a courthouse wedding followed by a luncheon at Porcupine Grill and a lovely open house. It was a simple affair and we loved it. If you want to know more about our wedding or to see our photos, go here.